Let’s be honest, 2020 has been a flaming pile of…well. You know.
BUT, there have been some good things here and there worth finding some joy over.
Thankfully, because everyone’s memory has been crap this year, Rolling Stone put together a list of “33 Moments That Made Us Smile In 2020.”
Here’s a few highlights.
- Dolly Parton launched a series of bedtime stories for kids (April 2). (Editor’s Note: Dolly really was the MVP of 2020 in a lot of ways and it’s criminal she didn’t win Time’s Person of the Year.)
- Disney aired the first “Disney Family Singalong” (April 16)
- New Yorkers cheered for frontline workers every night at 7 p.m. (Started March 22)
- Nathan Apodaca (AKA 420doggface208) went viral on TikTok with a video of him riding a longboard, swigging a bottle of cran-rasberry juice and singing Fleetwood Mac’s “Dreams.” (Sept. 25)
- The cast of “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” reunited for an HBOMax special. With BOTH Aunt Vivs!!!! (Nov. 8)
- Taylor Swift dropping not one, but TWO surprise albums: Folklore and Evermore. (July 23 and Dec. 11)
- Jon Hamm and Patton Oswalt re-creating the Battle of Wits from The Princess Bride on Quibi. (July 7)(Also: RIP Quibi)
- Lady Gaga’s VMA performance. It was a 10 minute tour de force with a medley of tracks off Chromatica, including a special appearance by Ariana Grande.
- Lizzo crushed it on flute at the Grammys (Jan. 26)