This is one of those weird “National Day of…” that we can get behind.
Saturday, Aug. 15, is National Relaxation day and, let’s be honest, this is definitely something the world needs right now.
- Get a house or office plant.
- Avoid screens before bedtime.
- Eat a banana. Okay, bear with us. “Potassium helps your body regulate blood pressure. Keeping that under control should help you bounce back more quickly from what’s got you stressed.”
- Indulge in some citrus. Recent studies show that vitamin C helps with stress.
- Listen to Classical Music.
- Drink green tea sweetened with honey.
- Give yourself a hand massage. GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER.
- Lock lips with someone. “Romance is relaxing! Kissing releases oxytocin, a chemical that is shown to reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol.”
- Chew some gum.
- Blow up a balloon.
- Mow the lawn. Can confirm. That fresh-cut grass smell? That’s the stuff. Plus, it’s a great way to just shut the mind off while doing something that doesn’t require a lot of thinking. Just watch out for rabbit holes. Learned that the hard way.
- Find something to make you laugh.
- Grab some chocolate. Remus Lupin was right!
- Focus on relaxing all of your muscles.
- Take a mental vacation.