Finally, some news that we can actually get behind!
Monday is National Cocoa Day, and, in the spirit of such a hallowed holiday, people went online and gave their “hacks” to make the perfect cup of hot chocolate.
- Use two ounces of espresso, plus a sprinkle of sugar and cinnamon.
- Top it with marshmallows, then put it under the broiler. Make sure the mug is oven-safe.
- To the hot chocolate mix add: half-cup of pumpkin puree, a teaspoon of vanilla extract, and a quarter-cup of white chocolate chips.
- Cut in warmed eggnog.
- Drop a scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream in a small bowl, pout hot chocolate over it and top with whipped cream.
- Add a half-teaspoon of ancho chili powder. The user also recommended adding cinnamon, dark brown sugar and vanilla extract.
A poll also asked people how they mix their hot chocolate. The top answer was dairy milk (41%), with 31% saying water, 8% non-dairy milk (i.e. almond, soy, ect.). There were two percent that said “other,” which means they put a little Peppermint Schnapps in the mix. Then there were 15% who don’t make hot chocolate.
And I think we’ve found where the aliens who have secretly invaded our planet are.
Leave A Comment